When Should You See A Musculoskeletal Specialist


A musculoskeletal specialist is a doctor who specializes in the treatment of muscles and bones. This includes treating minor injuries to diagnosing and managing more serious conditions.

If you’re experiencing pain or difficulty doing any activities because of your musculoskeletal system, it’s important to see a specialist as soon as possible. Some common problems that a musculoskeletal specialist can treat include:

-Shin splints: Shin splints are common among runners and other athletes. They are caused when the muscles on the front of your thigh pull against each other, leading to inflammation and pain.

1. Are you experiencing pain that doesn’t go away? If so, your doctor may recommend seeing a musculoskeletal specialist. Muscles and joints can become inflamed due to a number of different reasons (including arthritis, overuse, injury, etc.), and a specialist can help diagnose the cause and prescribe appropriate treatment.

2. Do you experience difficulty moving your joints or muscles? If so, your doctor may also recommend seeing a musculoskeletal specialist. Many conditions — such as tendonitis or arthritis — can affect muscle movement and function.